Thursday, December 21, 2006

Mount Lafayette

Two of my labmates (Brenda and Sarah) and I decided to skip work yesterday and hike Mount Lafayette. It was a beautiful sunny day and not too cold . . . at least until we hit the summit (it was a little windy up there). We ran into two other parties on the mountain, so it was nice and quiet.

This is a view is towards the south (southwest?) from the Old Bridle Path somewhere on the "agonies" (I think . . . my sense of direction is infamous)


Here are the three of us not far from where the previous picture was taken. The summit is behind us (above us, out of view). We ran into my former family practicioner (from back when I was a wee one) on the trail and he snapped this picture for us. Small world!


This is a view from the summit, looking south along Franconia Ridge.

2 comments:

Dan said...

wow, looks great. way better than being in the lab. did you wear crampons?

Adam said...

agreed . . . much better than being in lab. we put on crampons about halfway to Greenleaf hut.