Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I'll Eat You Up!

Gilly went trick-or-treating for the first time tonight. She was dressed up as Max from the children's story "Where The Wild Things Are" by Maurice Sendak, in a costume that Lyn made FROM SCRATCH! Gilly is so lucky to have such an amazing and crafty mom. Lyn even made the buttons herself (from "sculpey dough"). Have I mentioned how amazing my wife is? Ok, I'm a little biased.

Gilly had fun, but was a little too shy to say "trick or treat" (she did, however, say "thank you" each time she got candy). We mostly stuck to the graduate student housing area, but we also ventured a very short distance down the road to see our friends Pete and Joi. She enjoyed showing them her "polka dots" (M&M's) . . . most of which she actually grabbed from the candy bowl at our house.

I couldn't get her to recite Max's line, "I'll eat you up!," even though Lyn reports she was saying it during the day, along with "Daddy take you to Halloween tonight."

P.S. Lyn made the bag too. I'm tellin' ya, she's AWESOME.




3 comments:

Ann said...

Amazing, Lyn! You need to go into business with your amazing crafts!

Telly said...

That is so cute- great job, Lyn!

Alicia said...

She is so cute I want to eat her up! Of course my sister is talented. Rub it in, I've been living in her shadow all my wretched life!